Friday

blessings through disaster


So a lot has happened since Wednesday. Most notably is that I have been shooting non stop! I second shot for Maura Dawn Photography at a senior shoot yesterday, earlier today, tomorrow morning, and an engagement later tomorrow afternoon!! I am so thankful that Maura has been letting me work with her so much. I really can't wait for all the weddings this summer! Getting on with what that title is all about... Yesterday, 45 min. before the shoot, I was making sure that I was ready. Checking batteries, memory cards, the usual. I snapped a quick shot and all I heard was grinding!! My auto focus was going nuts. I started to freak and switched to manual focus. Nothing! Okay, let's just take the lens off... yeah right! This is when I really started to freak. I went straight to Bedford's Camera and they helped me get the lens off. The guy working on it was pulling on the lens to come off so hard, that the inside of the lens came out!!

Check It:


They exchanged it for a brand new 50mm and I left. About 30 min. into the shoot, my camera was saying that it couldn't read the lens and that I needed to clean the connector pins. Luckily I had a back up camera so I was good. The rest of the shoot went great and after it was over I went to Bedford's again with Maura to tell them what happened. We ended up having to mail my camera out to get fixed which will take around 2 - 4 months! I was really starting to wig out about then. This is where the blessing comes into play. Maura was there with her Nikon D700 (awesome!) and she was getting a new Nikon 24-70mm 2.8 lens. She has a Sigma 24-70 2.8 that she had been shooting with, but this Nikon lens is incredible. She tells me that I can use her D200 with the Sigma 24-70mm 2.8 until my camera gets fixed! Can you believe it? I am so thrilled! Then my friend Brandon said I can keep his 50mm for the time being, since mine is for a Canon. I am truly blessed to have such great friends! Well off to bed - big day tomorrow!!

heres some stuff from the past two days shoots:

very nice

I wasn't sure about that pole at first... it's growing on me




my favorite shot today!

the talented Maura Johnson

















































































until next time
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment