Monday

Jairek Robbins


Over the past few weeks I have been trying to think of ways to expand my business and to continually press forward. Probably the biggest thing that has helped to push me along is my photo-a-day that I post everyday on facebook. Just simply using my camera everyday has made it to where I almost feel uncomfortable to be without it! Another major role that has played into my success is second shooting for Maura. Through her I am getting the chance to experience what it is really like to be a professional photographer! Starting from this past weekend until the fall I will be shooting at least a few shoots with her every weekend!! Words can't even begin to describe how thrilled and thankful I am for this! Recently I have had some opportunities to use photography is different ways outside of portraits and weddings. A woman contacted me, who owns a stone business, about shooting some houses with her stone it. It is completely out of my element but I am always up for the challenge. I also have a MAJOR opportunity to expand my photography exponentially! But, I will save that for a later post... : ) As I was looking at Becker's website, a photographer based out of Orange County, California, I came across a video he posted by Jairek Robbins. You may know him as Tony Robbins' son, the famous motivational speaker. In the video he goes over four steps to being successful. I normally don't go for stuff like this but he has some really good points.

step 1: know what you want, where you want to go, and where you are in comparison to where you want to be.

step 2: educate yourself!

step 3: find someone to model. Study their blueprint on how they got from point A to point B as fast as possible. Doing this will save the time it takes to learn everything from scratch. "Turn decades into days"!

step 4: TAKE ACTION!

He goes on to talk about making whatever it is you want to succeed in, a habit. Normally it takes about 30 days to create a habit, why not make it 90?! The main way to achieve this though, and not get burnt out on it, is to truly find something that you love. That is the biggest turning point for me. Photography has truly become a passion in my life. And if I can speak in all honesty, this is the first time in my life, something that I am really pursuing because I really love it and not just because it will pay a lot. I have never felt such drive and satisfaction in any job like I do when I have a shoot coming up, or when I just finish one. I think about it constantly and always strive to make it better. Whether that be in the equipment that I will one day get, continuously finding new awesome places to shoot, or even editing. I truly love it! And I truly believe that God has given me such a cool talent and I want to give Him glory by being as creative as possible! I want to give excellence because He is excellence!! Wow... I am truly blessed and I am so excited for life!

here are some shots I did over the weekend:












































until next time,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment