Friday

God's good graces

My process to becoming a professional photographer is proving to have it's ups and downs. I don't mean that business has been up and down. It has been a consistent incline. (which will not always be the case) but sometimes it is hard when it feels that I put some much into this without seeing direct benefits. I understand the importance of apprenticeship,  and I see that the experience I am gaining from Maura by shooting for her and learning from her, is so incredibly valuable because of its long-lasting affects. It seems that I have a few very good and potentially profitable things in the near future, but I can't quite reach them. "God give me the confidence to constantly strive to follow you"! I do strive to be successful! This plays into many areas of my life. Successful with my relationship with the Lord, my relationship with my wife, friends, and my business!! I have been very blessed lately to have a few shoots of my own, and I have more coming up so these will definitely help with my dilemma. I pray constantly that I am doing what God wants me to be doing. It's funny because when I started with photography, I felt such peace! I was ecstatic to actually be good at something and love it 200%!! Then money comes into play and seems to completely reverse that. Maybe that constant battle is a way of the Lord showing me that I am on the right track. I pray that above all other things, I am doing what is pleasing to the Lord, and that what I am doing reflects Christ in all ways!

wow, sorry for this to be such a strange post. It's just a little different than normal but today has been a little different day than normal. I had two shoots that I was lined up to do but one got rescheduled because of the weather and the other one just fell through. So no photos to put up but I still wanted to be consistent and post monday-wednesday-friday. Even though this week I posted tuesday-thursday-friday, but whatever!

until next time
Ryan

2 comments:

  1. Ryan- I love you and am behind you 200% of the way. You are talented in so many ways! It has given me much joy to see you really blossom and bloom with photography. Not only are you aware that your gift is from the Lord, but you continually give Him the glory and the honor! I admire you so much. I'm proud to say you are mine. Wherever your photography takes us, I will follow- because I know and trust that you are seeking and following the One that created us. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is completely normal Ryan : ). Corey and I call it the "photography blues." There will definitely be ups and downs, but your heart is in the right place! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete