Monday

{meet Holga}

My latest addition to my camera bag is the film toy camera, Holga.


Lately I have been having the urge to get into some film photography and started doing some research online. I loved the whole mentality behind the cult following of lomography, and especially the holga.  I've been talking to my brother-in-law {his website} lately, who is also a photographer, about shooting film.  He has a holga, and other film and digital cameras, and he gave me some awesome websites to check out.


these are both great websites with a lot of great information.  I bought my Holga from holgamods today and let me tell you it was, hands down, the best customer service I have ever experienced! I sent the owner an email, letting him know that I am interested. He then calls me later, having found my phone number from my website, which is in my signature to all of my emails! It was nice that he would take time out to call me. He even complemented me on my photography, telling me that he was impressed with my composition! I won't lie, I am a little bit star-struck. 

An idea that I have is to offer a few rolls of film, from my holga, as a add-on package for my photo shoots. I am going to take it on some shoots that I have coming up and get some sample shots and upload them to my website so people will be able to see the finished product. 

here are a couple stock photos from the internet to give you an idea of what I am wanting to achieve:
until next time
Ryan



No comments:

Post a Comment