Wednesday

first prints

So I recently developed my first roll of 120mm film! I'm really excited to get my current roll developed that is in my holga, because it has some really cool shots from a wedding I did last Saturday. When I develop that roll I am going to put a couple images on my website to give an idea of the different photos possible to my clients for wedding packages. I just feel that the anticipation that comes with not knowing immediately what shot I get mirrors that anticipation of a wedding day. Yes it is very much planned but it's the moments that surprise us that are so spectacular. So my plan is to offer, into the package, a couple rolls of film to be taken with my holga and then have them developed and given to the couple. It will give them something completely unedited and raw. Something human.

Here are a few from my first roll:





My brother-in-law recently told me that film images are more human than digital. They capture our memories in the sense that our memories are not tack-sharp, but rather very blurry and some things we remember very clearly and others not so much. Like in a photo taken with film, some things are blurry and dull while others pop with color. I respect that.

until next time
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment